Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"Everyone should be abstinent or whatever, but it’s not realistic at all"

"Everyone should be abstinent or whatever, but it’s not realistic at all."

Those remarkably obvious words come from the mouth of recently babied Bristol Palin.



In the interview she goes on to say "It sounds naive- I just — I hope that people learn from my story and just, like, I don’t know, prevent teen pregnancy, I guess."

I am no expert but i think i can come up with a list of things that prevent teen pregnancy.

1) condoms
2) birth control pills
3) The Sponge
4) anal sex
5) being a nerd

I don't have any additional deep thoughts about the interview, but like, i don't know, whatever.


Olbermann's Take:

6 comments:

Caleb said...

quick on her feet -- just like ma.

The_Jolly said...

Abstinence is unrealistic....I guess humans have lost free will. This has to be god's fault then.

_J_ said...

"Everyone should be abstinent or whatever, but it’s not realistic at all."

Ladies and gentleman, I give you the human condition.

Here are our shoulds: X
Here are our realistics: ~X

Now live your life.

_J_ said...

Thinking about this and watching the video a few times....I feel sorry for Bristol.

A little bit.

I'll still make fun of her. But part of me will feel sorry for her.

Mike Lewis said...

yeah, Bristol is totally getting the shaft....that is a pun.

no 17 year old should have to go on TV and have to justify her postion. In no world should someone have to explain why she and her dumbass boy friend who were not smart or forward thinking enough to use some sort of birth control.

it is fucking tragic. that being said - something something Bristol Palin

_J_ said...

"forward thinking enough to use some sort of birth control"

And, really, it's not even an issue of planning ahead to purchase or obtain said birth control. Because her ass is right there.

That's nature's birth control.