Thursday, July 2, 2009

gdgt: "Social Gadget Platform" is Stupid

From the gdgt.com About page:

gdgt (like "gadget" -- or g-d-g-t) is a new kind of technology site -- a social gadget platform that enables you to connect with the community through your gadgets, and connect with your gadgets through the community. It's a place for you to engage with your devices and hang out with people who are as passionate about their gear as you are.

It's like the bastard love child of facebook, twitter, wikipedia, and gizmodo. So if you have an iPhone you can make an account and say "I have an iPhone" on your account. Then you can post from your iPhone to gdgt about how you have an iPhone. And other people can post about how they, too, have iPhones.

So you can make a post saying "I am on my toilet, using my iPhone!" and someone else will be all "Man, I totally use my iPhone on my toilet as well!" And then you can talk about shitting and using your iPhone and read other user's reviews of how best to shit and use your iPhone at the same time. It's social networking about technology using technology.

gdgt: Because, apparently, facebook and twitter and wikipedia and gizmodo and every fucking gadget review site ever just wasn't good enough.

1 comment:

gadget reviews said...


Who can confidently pick the best gadget among those listed on this site?
Gadget reviews