Monday, June 25, 2012

Diablo 3: 1.0.3 Inferno Farm Guide



This gives you an idea of what Diablo 3 turns into once you've reached Inferno:  Farming Elite Packs.

Blizzard said that they wanted to remove Boss farming from Diablo 3.  Rather than farm Mephisto, Baal, or Pindleskin repeatedly they want players to explore the world.

Players, of course, will not "explore the world", but rather run a set pattern of areas with optimal elite pack spawns.

I hope Blizzard abandons this "explore the world" bullshit, and gives us our damn Mephisto / Baal / Pindleskin runs back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Agreed. Honestly, I don't mind being encouraged to hunt elite packs. I just dislike being forced to continue through a story I don't give a shit about.

The nice thing about d2 is that you could steamroll past entire acts with just a waypoint, because you didn't care about the story, but merely cared about leveling that particular character.

This is a major reason I didn't care for SW:TOR after a few weeks. Instances were stories that got extremely old to complete after the first time, and I feel the same about d3. I don't want to deal with the bullshit, but don't have much of a choice.

I don't know of any easy fixes for Diablo III, but I have no real desire to put effort into any character because I find no way to make them feel as if they are my own.

_J_ said...

"I don't know of any easy fixes for Diablo III, but I have no real desire to put effort into any character because I find no way to make them feel as if they are my own."

Yeah.

At this point I'm just farming more gear and /played hours so that

1) I can make some money on the RMAH.
2) I can cite experiential precident when I tell someone that they're a fuckshitting moron for enjoying the game.

Because that's one way to win an argument.