Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hillary: The Giuliani of Democrats

I sort of enjoy the politics of fear and constant reminders that at any moment some brown person could detonate themselves and so cause me physical harm. I think it is cute. If W wants to tell me that everyone I know and love will die if Democrats are elected I am ok with that; it affords me a good laugh every now and then. If Giuliani wants to say "9/11" in place of every proper noun and adjective then that's his prerogative.

But what I do not enjoy is when Hillary Clinton steals the material of W and Giuliani. We have a group of idiots who are forever frightened by the specter of terror an ocean away, forever obsessed with that one time some planes flew into some buildings. They're called neo-cons; they're douchebags. We don't need more people to jump onto that proverbial bandwagon. We have enough.

So in the Nevada Democratic Debate when Hillary made reference to "a relentless enemy" and said that she was aware of national security "acutely because I do represent New York" it bothered me. Because she's stealing material from others.

"A relentless enemy"? That is W's language, lady. That's the rhetoric Cheney uses. It's not yours to use.

"I do represent New York"? That's Giuliani's schtick! You had better be paying him royalties, little missy.

I don't know why Hillary feels compelled to adopt the positions of George W. Bush and Rudy Giuliani. I don't know why she wants to be that person. But she needs to give credit where credit is due. She needs to forget this notion of being an "agent of change" and be honest with the electorate:

She wants to be the Democratic version of Rudy Giuliani, Dick Cheney, and George W. Bush.

I don't know why she won't just come out and say that.

No comments: