Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thoughts on Obama's Super Ad




1) Why would they feature Charles Manson the ad. it seems counter productive? Sure, he brings in in the key serial killer swing group. Sure, Manson bring in the Nazi serial killers but may alienate the communist serial killer demo Obama has worked hard to get.

2) Eric Schmidt making out with Warren Warren_Buffett? Really? I know that Obama wants to protect the rights of the GBLT community. But this seems like a great way to gross EVERYONE out. Schmidt is an ugly man.

3) You never NEVER come out as being pro-zombie or pro-vampire with the economy being like it is.

4) I like his take on Ninja v Pirates. Always go with Molemen. It worked for Jefferson, it can work for Obama.

4 comments:

Roscoe said...

Nicely done.

mostly becuase I was inebrietated and had to blink for a second to be certain I wasn't missing something.

_J_ said...

I liked when he went off on that tangent about Colt 45 being better in the early 80s before they changed the formula. Because I thought I was the only person who cared about that.

Until this point neither candidate had addressed my Malt Liquor concerns. But now I know that Obama shares my view on the severely lessening quality of Colt 45.

Mike Lewis said...

very true. I had always assumed that Obama was a Thunderbird man.

I also feel like Obama shooting it at the Playboy Mansion a strange choice. I know he had Hef have become friends over the years, but that sequence with Obama swimming around the grotto in a speedo? I think obama already has the women's vote nailed down.

_J_ said...

I enjoyed the musical number at the end. I knew that AC/DC had a new album out and that Rock and Roll Train was getting a lot of radio play.

But to play every song on the new album? And to give Obama a 7 minute guitar solo in each song? AND to bring Black Sabbath, Peter Frampton, KISS, Aerosmith, and Phish together for the closing song "For Dems about to Rock"!?

Even I didn't see that coming.