Saturday, October 17, 2009

DragonBall makes young children [chat]

Dragon Ball removed from School Library for Sexual Content

The book, "Dragon Ball, Volume 1: The Monkey King." is laid out like a comic book, and in it children sometimes appear naked. Akira Toriyama's book, later adapted into a popular animated TV show, focuses on Son Goku, a monkey-tailed boy on a quest to obtain mythical objects called Dragon Balls.
"In cartoon format, it depicts nudity, sexual contact between children and sexual innuendo among adults and children," Holloway told fellow council members during the comment period of Tuesday's meeting.
Photocopies provided by Holloway detail several of the scenes.
In one, the protagonist, a young boy, pats the covered crotch area of a sleeping teenage girl before removing her panties. The same boy later appears naked in the bathtub and is naked when he performs flying jump kicks.

11 comments:

Mike Lewis said...

I do not believe that schools should ban books. But i hate dragon ball.

i an conflicted.

Mike Lewis said...

Kirby+Ninja Turtles

_J_ said...

I would be ok with schools banning stupid books. Like DragonBall or Atlas Shrugged or fucking anything by John Dewey.

Mike Lewis said...

Rand believed that banning books was the 1st step towards fascism.

Who is John Galt? A book banner.

Caleb said...

Couldn't they not have it in the library without having a policy which forbids it?

Roscoe said...

Man... I'm dissapointed now. I was hoping that was TMNT done in the style of Jack Kirby.

_J_ said...

I think I need to fix my paper writing strategy.

This whole "starting the paper 12 hours before it is due" might have a few kinks in it.

Might.

Caleb said...

Jaws at the Ohio this week.

_J_ said...

I contend that Rainbow Brite was already quite sexy, thank you very much.

Mike Lewis said...

I will see your sexy Rainbow Brite and raise you a Skanky Snow White.

Roscoe said...

don't make me drop the Marvel Women's Costumes in here.