Sunday, April 4, 2010

Fourth Achewood Horseman found: Apocalypse Immanent

AS IT WAS TOLD IN REVELATION!

I did look, and the lamb did open the first seal. And I beheld the first funny Achewood, and this Achewood rode upon a white horse, and this achewood did hold nachos. To him was given a crown of lol. And he did go forth conquering the supposition that there were no funny Achewoods. And he did conquor, for there was the first funny Achewood!

And when the lamb had opened the second seal, I heard the second funny Achewood. This Achewood rode upon a red horse; and the power given to him was the power to take humor from references to Horace, that all readers should lol with one another; and there was given to him a Finch named Mr. Teal.

And when the lamb had opened the third seal, I heard the third funny Achewood say, Come and lol! And I beheld a black horse; and he that sat on him had a flow chart in his hands. And I heard a voice say a free hat for a youtube search, and three clicks later, a documentary on chimney sweeps; and see thou lol for Twitter and Facebook infinite loops of time wasting.

And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the Fourth Funny Achewood say, come and breakdance! And I looked, and beheld a pale horse: And his name that sat on him was Pure Vanilla Extract, and my droogs followed with him.

AND POWER WAS GIVEN UNTO THEM OVER THE FOUR PARTS OF THE INTERNET, to extole the virtue of nachos, to discuss the merits of Horace, to create flow charts, and to dance by smashing one's face into a wall!

And the lamb did promise the opening of a fifth seal, under which there will be found the altar of souls of the damned, sacrificed for that which would come....the fifth funny Achewood; yet to be seen but promised by the lamb.

AND THEY CRIED WITH A LOUD VOICE, SAYING, HOW LONG, O LORD, HOLY AND TRUE, DOST THOU NOT JUDGE AND AVENGE OUR BLOOD ON THEM THAT DWELL IN ACHEWOOD FAN FORUMS!!!!

7 comments:

MA17 said...

So there is this language off on some island somewhere and word order makes absolutely no difference in it. Linguists posed a sentence such as "The man in the boat caught the fish" to native speakers in their language and went through every permutation of order (ie the fish in the man caught the boat) and each time the natives were like, "yeah, it's all the same thing, come on."

Whenever you come to us with a "funny Achewood", I always think of the linguists on that island.

MA17 said...

Er, make that exempli gratia.

Roscoe said...

There's some sort of temporal joke in there, w/ the Fourth and nearly final seal?

...being a strip from ought five

I like to think it's because he's taken to poring over the archives, trying to understand it. Like an old monk.

_J_ said...

Technically word order does not matter in Latin, as the meaning and relation of words is preserved via the case structure. And I would greatly prefer that linguistic structure to the nonsense English tries to do.

In my ideal language, the meaning and relations of words are encapsulated within the words themselves, so each can be understood as a discrete particular, rather than appealing to the structure of the sentence and the order of the words. I want each word to have internal dumanis resulting from its case as opposed to external dumanis from its order within the sentence.

---

Part of the joke is that these strips are not in chronological order as they were created, but rather are ordered as they were gifted to me by the higher power of the cosmos.

I do not seek out funny Achewoods, but rather funny Achewoods are gifted to me by the causal structure of the universe via revelation and their being posted in the D&D [chat] thread on the PA forums.

Every now and then the creator sees fit to present me with a funny Achewood. And so I do not tempt fate by seeking them out on my own.

The fifth will be presented when God sees fit; I do not presume to understand his reasons, but rather accept that he has reasons.

My discerning funny Achewoods is all part of his plan, and I humbly accept my role in his plan.

Roscoe said...

There.. was a comment here before.. right?

Also? Can't WAIT until you're Phelpsing it up out there with a Liebot shirt and "Saddest Thing in the World" signs.

Roscoe said...

All totally misreading the message, shouting Philippe Hates Figs!

MA17 said...

I heard the fifth Achewood strip will be followed by a funny jerkcity.