Saturday, April 23, 2011

[chat]ing to make America America again

it is all Rick sSntorum all the time here on Everyone is a Sith.

FANG: Today, you unveiled your new campaign slogan, “Fighting to make America America again.” But was it intentional that this line was borrowed from the pro-union poem by the gay poet Langston Hughes?

SANTORUM: No, because I had nothing to do with that so–

FANG: Oh, alright thanks. Wait did you have a clarification there? Was it just a coincidence?

SANTORUM: I didn’t know that. The folks who worked on that slogan for me didn’t inform me that that’s where it came from, if in fact it came from that.

FANG: Do you like Langston Hughes? Is he a favorite poet?

SANTORUM: I’ve read some of his poems. I’m not a big poetry guy so I can’t say I have a favorite poet, sorry.

17 comments:

Mike Lewis said...

note:

making america america again can mean two things:

1) You want to kick the poor, women and minorities out...just like the founders wanted

or

2) You love the work of Pro Union Pro Civil Rights Poet Langston Hughes.

Mike Lewis said...

3) You supported John Kerry for president in 2004.

Mike Lewis said...

I think it is clear that Ricky S. does not understand how the internet works.

_J_ said...

It is an unforgiving series of tubes.

Caleb said...

Would you please, buy my book?

_J_ said...

Buy my book.
Buy my book.
Buy my book.

_J_ said...

The Portal 2 end song sucks.

But, I mean, it couldn't very well be better than still alive.

_J_ said...

This evening at the bar I met someone who, during our conversation, uttered some of the best initial impressions of me that I’ve ever heard articulated:

Gold Medal: “I don’t know if I should take you seriously as a person.”

Silver Medal: “I think you have the capacity for telling the truth.”

Bronze Medal: “So, how big is your dick?”

This is what we call a good evening at the bar.

Caleb said...

J, is there anything going on there this weekend?

_J_ said...

Not that I know of. I be working on papers and presumably someone, somewhere, is having an enjoyable time.

_J_ said...

Though, of course, gigantic rabbits shall be hiding eggs and the son of our lord shall rise from the dead.

Caleb said...

Oh piss. Another holiday? Whoever invented the calendar year must've been terrified of boredom.

I've been intending to travel to your town since you took up residence there. Since I am terrible at actually doing things I have not. If you find yourself with a weekend to kill, let me know.

_J_ said...

Interesting. I was planning on heading to where you live sometime after this semester ended.

Perhaps we ought to arrange to go to the other's place of residence some week, and live the other's life.

If I've learned anything from television, this shall result in us each learning valueable lessons.

Caleb said...

Do you want to setup a three direction swap? You, me, and the Honey Badger?

Roscoe said...

The Honey Badger never cleans up after his friends. He's a dick.

_J_ said...

Honey Badger don't give a fuck.

Roscoe said...

He's a masterclass in Surly.

Honey Badger 2012?