Wednesday, September 19, 2007

$9,700 WoW Account Sold.

Source 1
Source 2
Source 3

The worlds most expensive World of Warcraft account was sold yesterday at a whopping 7,000 Euro (Approximately 9,700 USD).

The account being so expensive was due to what it contained: A Night Elf rogue wielding the legendary swords that drop of Illidan Stormrage in The Black Temple - Which only one other in the entire world possess. But it doesn't end there, the character also had 4 of the 5 tier 6 pieces of armor and various drops from The Black Temple making him one of the best geared rogues out there.

For those of you interested in looking him up, the characters name is: Shaks, and she's on the European Realm Kazzak.

Rumor has it that Blizzard has banned the acount.

11 comments:

Mike Lewis said...

errrrr

i hate WoW

Andrew said...

i was indifferent.
now i hate.

_J_ said...

It makes me want to play WoW again.

In the buyer's defense, Illidan Stormrage is kind of the boss of the expansion, and the items he drops are teh omg wowz.Oh Sweet Jesus look at those drops!

I really want to play again. And I really want to find a non-shitty raiding group. And I REALLY want that staff.

_J_ said...

The swords are each named "Warglaive of Azzinoth" and have a set bonus of awesome. I can only see cached pages cause I'm at work. So if you're curious just google them.

It's worth doing a google image search to see what they look like. They're quite awesome.

Here they are on a model which is the only picture I can access from work.

Damn it.

Mike Lewis said...

link is dead - n00b

Mike Lewis said...

also - hellgate london is coming out on oct 31. Just in time for the more to play it after comps.

inasmuch as i have a windows computer and the time to play games

.....oh wait

FUCK

_J_ said...

The link works for me. Maybe you aren't high enough level to view it.

Hellgate London is a giant ball of confusing. There are, as I understand it, 3 payment options (free, pay, super-pay) and all of the screenshots I've seen look like Morrowwind with guns.

_J_ said...

The two sword set with stats

Caleb said...

OMG! I've been wasting my life.

_J_ said...

We all have.

_J_ said...

I like the idea that WoW is a world and context in which the user chooses to participate. Whereas reality is a game one is forced to play.