Saturday, September 22, 2007

Of Fishes and Seas.

So, I went to Ft. Wayne today to trade in some of my WoW cards for other things. As a result I have learned a valuable life lesson.

I went to Clem's to trade in some cards and there was a new girl working there. When I asked to see the binder of WoW cards she said that she had only played WoW a few times and we started talking. We ended up spending 47 minutes standing there at the counter talking about philosophy, pets, Lewis Black, colleges, Kurt Vonnegut, latin, comics, and how all relationships are traps and being educated makes one depressed. It was freaking awesome. We just stood there talking about crap and customers walked around us as we continued to talk. It was so freaking great. She ended some bit of conversation mentioning "her religion" and I asked what it was. She said that she was a member of "Our Lady of Perpetual Astonishment". I said I had read that somewhere but couldn't remember where and she said, "Think 'Man Without a Country'." to which I said, "VONNEGUT!"

Anyway. I haven't been able to move on from Suzy because I really didn't think anyone existed who was as awesome as she was. And today I learned that there are, in fact, other ladies and if one gets the fuck out of their room they can meet these other ladies and stand in comic book stores talking to them about philosophy and Kurt Vonnegut.

Lesson learned.

7 comments:

_J_ said...

Question:

Do I drive back tomorrow and do some sort of, "So talking to you yesterday was delightful and I greatly desire to talk to you again. Do you want to grab dinner or go find a local cockfight?"

Or do I wait a week? I've decided that calling would be creepy as hell. But I'm not sure what the "proper" step is from "We stood at the counter of a comic shop talking for 47 minutes." to "we're friends now. Yippie!"

MA17 said...

I think the fact that you have to drive to Ft. Wayne to do anything means you should wait a bit. I realize we sometimes drive to Ft Wayne on consecutive days for various reasons, but those occasions are not the products of well-balanced minds.

MA17 said...

Also, awesome.

_J_ said...

True. True.

After sleeping on it I think I shall wait.

_J_ said...

Don't you want somebody to love?

Don't you need somebody to love?

Kylebrown said...

I'm a lot like you, so please
Hello, I'm here, I'm waiting
I think I'd be good for you
And you'd be good for me

_J_ said...

El Scorcho is best ever. It was a Suzy song.