Monday, January 7, 2008

1.2 million PS3s sold...

Sony Corp. said Monday that PlayStation 3 game machine sales totaled 1.2 million in North America during the key holiday season.

I received a PS3 and the PS3 version of Rock Band for Christmas. On the day after Christmas I returned the PS3 and the PS3 version of Rock Band to the stores from whence they came and collected the money.

So, 1.2 million units may have been sold. But you have to then ask how many were returned shortly thereafter by persons disgusted by the idea of owning one of the damn things.

So please, Sony. Subtract one from those sales numbers. And then kindly crawl into a hole and die along with your proprietary Blu-Ray bullshit and your damned marketing campaign.

Do you want it? No.
Do you need it? No.
Let me hear it!
Fuck you, Sony.

7 comments:

Roscoe said...

Really?

Saliva?


Ladies and gentleman please, Bring your attention to me...

_J_ said...

Yeah. It's the Saliva song.

And it's not at all pretentious.

I think Sony is the G4 of console developers.

_J_ said...

Also, the PS3 I received was the 40 gig version.

So either I paid $100 and exchanged the 40 Gig for the 80 Gig or I returned everything for a quick $570.

In the end I didn't want to pay $100 for a PS3.

Lady Enide said...

Do you have a Wii? I also returned my Christmas gift and got something else... aren't we somethin? Woot!

_J_ said...

Mom received a Wii which she bought for herself when she saw it in the stores. As a result of this my parents play Wii Sports and attempt to shop for Wii games. This leads to interesting situations in which they talk about which Wii games they think would be the most enjoyable. Note: Smash Brothers and Fire Emblem are not among the games listed.

I've yet to buy anything else with the money. It was tossed onto the Pile of Means.

Lady Enide said...

Heheh. Oh, the game which my cat helped me finish, which I mentioned in my email and you asked about, was FE. Of course.

_J_ said...

Cats are good at games.

Weeble has discovered where I keep the plastic bag full of fake mice. So he has devised a means by which he can get atop my bookshelf and get at the bag of fake mice.

It is quite adorable.