Saturday, September 8, 2007

Jolly on the Rocks

So I'm editing my post!!! oops on the posting a blank!

I was posting to let everyone no that Jolly is transitioning from the no-longer exciting world of geology *boo dirt* to that of being a bartender *Horray Beer!* . I am taking classes here in Nashville and getting to learn all sort of neat drinks and shots. It's really kind of fun. It's fast paced and not so tedious at looking at soil cores over and over! I will complete my 40-hours or class in the next couple weeks! Then hopefully I will graduate and move into the exciting world of getting people tipsy. I'm also looking at moving from Tennessee back up North in this mystical quest of mine. I'm looking at Louisville, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati as my places of choice. So any suggestions on good areas to live that aren't overly expensive would be great! Plus if you are looking for a good stiff drink...I'm now the man to see!

6 comments:

_J_ said...

What do you have to do to get your bartenders liscense?

Andrew said...

in louisville you want to live in the Highlands.Here is Cinci you want to live in Clifton. Live in Cinci.

_J_ said...

A friend came over last night and said that cinci sucks and we all ought to move to Chicago.

I'm indifferent. They're just places on the earth.

The_Jolly said...

There is no such thing as having a bartending license. Basically, you have to find a way into the position either taking classes that give you bar experience that you can't get anywhere else or you have to work at a place and be trained by the full-time bartender. You do have to get certifications for being servers (not just alcohol. These vary by state.

_J_ said...

So if someone wants to hire you all you can do is list the bartending class as a reference? How do you prove that you have taken the class?

Kylebrown said...

Indianapolis is a pretty kick ass place to live. If you enjoy the city thing.

Signed,
kylebrown