Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bill Moyers: Olbermann

The Bill Moyers interview with Olbermann

Watch it!

16 minutes into it he addresses the, well, "Aren't you just the anti-Bill-O?" question.

"Well, they're better written. The first-- no, I hate to-- I-- it's the most vulnerable point because it bothers me, too. It do-- it's the one criticism that I think is absolutely fair. We're doing the same thing. It is-- it becomes a nation of screechers. It's never a good thing. But emergency rules do apply. I would like nothing better than to go back and do maybe a sportscast every night. But I think the stuff that I'm talking about is so obvious and will be viewed in such terms of certainty by history that this era will be looked at the way we look now at the-- at the presidents and the-- the leaders of this country who rolled back reconstruction. I think it's that obvious. And I think only under those circumstances would I go this far out on a limb and be this vociferous about it."

4 comments:

John said...

Yes, he is saying that when our country is losing itself, it is worth arguing about.

Andrew said...

Losing itself? what the hell does that mean?

_J_ said...

It means that the country moves away from the principals to which it ought adhere.

Sort of like when the Nazis took over Germany. Germany "lost itself" to the Nazis.

Bush, in this example, would be Hitler.

You see.

Anonymous said...

Bill Moyers takes his publicly funded shows on PBS and sells them for a profit in the form of VHS Tapes and CD's, his own personal profit! I don't trust Bill Moyers. PBS is supposed to be for the people, not a cash cow for Bill M!