Friday, February 15, 2008

Deux Ex T-Rex?

This evening I purchased the Jurassic Park Rifftrax and Jurassic Park on DVD. What follows is my review.

Buy the Jurassic Park Rifftrax. Buy Jurassic Park on DVD. Listen to the Rifftrax while you watch the movie.

Do it now.

Ok, real review.

I don't know why I thought Weird Al would not be capable of riffing. I mean, I'm capable of riffing so it's obviously not that difficult. But this thought has come to be that Mike and fellow Riffers from MST3K have this gift that allows them to use imdb and google far better than we lesser beings who did not have a show on comedy central.

Turns out that, really, Weird Al is just as capable of using IMDB and making pop culture references as other sentient beings are.

I won't say that Jurassic Park is the best Rifftrax yet, even though it is, or that if you only buy one rifftrax this ought to be the one you purchase, even though it is. But this trax was just as good as every other trax I've purchased if not better. I was smiling throughout the entire middle of the film, which could have been the result of the vodka, i'm not sure. The jokes were delightful and numerous. There were no long periods of no jokes, or long periods of crappy jokes. Throughout the entire movie rich commentary is provided that results in lols and rofls. I counted two rofls.

Anyway, here is the trailer:


If you enjoyed that trailer then buy the rifftrax. Because the Rifftrax is two hours and seven minutes of that.

1 comment:

_J_ said...

I'd also like to point out that the rifftrax costs $3.99 and every fucking one of you can afford a $3.99 audio commentary.