Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's not warm yet!

Is it just me or does everyone get incredibly piss-ass stupid come the end of winter? We go through three months of cold, dreary, snowy, icy weather and then the second weather.com tells us that the temperature is above freezing all the shitheads come out.

Newsflash: 50 degrees is not WARM!

Jesus Christ. I'm driving home from work today and people are out on their bikes, walking dogs, washing their cars. Jesus ass-shitting fuck there were at least 9 cars in line to be washed at this stupid automated carwash. And it's supposed to rain this weekend!

I get the whole biological dipshittery related to spring. Sure, i'm happy...or some reasonable version thereof...when the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and it is warm outside.

BUT IT'S NOT FUCKING WARM YET!

It's lke everyone in northern Indiana decided to jump the gun. They can't wait for it to be actually warm so as soon as they can piss on the sidewalk and it doesn't freeze they're out bicycling in tanktops since they won't die of hypothermia quite as quickly as they would have last week.

Granted, I'm not entirely against ladies bicycling in tanktops when it's fifty degrees outside.

But it still pisses me the fuck off.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I disagree completely. 50 degrees is warm. I too have been out walking the dog, working on the car, and have had all of my windows open for the last three days because it finally in my opinion is warm outside.

_J_ said...

Dude. 50 is totally not warm. 50 is warmer than 30 but 50 is not itself warm.

We don't keep our houses at 50 degrees. We do not set our thermostats to 50 degrees. In July 50 degrees merits a sweatshirt or windbreaker.

50 is certainly warmer than it has been in the past few months but we have yet to reach a temperature that is itself warm.

Unknown said...

I would never wear a sweatshirt or windbreaker at 50 degrees with no wind, which is what the last few days have been, regardless of time of year.

While 68 degrees may be optimal temperature in a still air, sunless environment, 50 with sun and no wind is fantastic weather. I was able to walk the dog in a t-shirt without feeling uncomfortable at all. If it is the case that I can walk around outside with a t-shirt on and not feel uncomfortable then it is by my definition warm.

_J_ said...

At least we agree that 68 is optimal.