Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Not Voting for Hillary Clinton

Clinton advisers question whether Mr. Obama has a real base of support in the swing states Mrs. Clinton won, arguing that he has relied on upper-income liberals, college-educated voters and students, groups that, the Clinton team argues, will support any Democratic nominee. “Obama’s supporters are going to support whoever is leading our ticket,” Mr. Ickes said.

I am afraid that many in the Clinton camp may suffer from the same delusion as Mr. Ickes that Obama supporters would merrily flock to Hillary Clinton if she manages to find a dishonest, backdoor way of sliming herself into the position of Democratic Nominee for President. While I have no power over them and in no way control their world view I would like to provide them with a bit of insight they may lack.

I'm not fucking voting for Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Here are just a few reasons why:
- Geraldine Ferraro says stupid racist shit
- In actuality Hillary Had No Role in Irish Peace
- It's 3 a.m. and your children are safe and asleep. They will die if you vote for Obama
- Clinton Campaign Leaks Obama Picture

If you have not noticed the theme here let me spell it out for you: Clinton is the same old tried and true bullshit spouting manipulative liar who has inhabited D.C. for years. The only difference between her and the rest of them, as far as I can tell, is that she does not have a wang. And while her wangless existence is great and all it in no way inspires me or motivates me to drag my ass out and vote for her. If the contest is between Clinton and McCain there is no real difference between them. One's bullshit comes from a Conservative viewpoint and the other's bullshit comes from a Liberal viewpoint. I'm not going to trouble myself with delving into either's bullshit to find which smells the worst; they both stink.

Obama is someone different. Obama is not one of the established D.C. cronies; a member of the Legislative Branch's perpetual circle-jerk. Obama is new blood, a fresh face on a dilapidated system. Obama is not a McCain who created a new mask to hide his scandal filled past. Obama is not another god damned Clinton. Obama is new, different, inspiring. Obama can speak in a manner that makes me give a damn.

If Clinton is going to spend the next few months working to extinguish Obama's flame of hope, if her desire is to quash the upwelling which surrounds Obama and return politics to the middling, depressing, quagmire of bullshit that it has been for the past who-gives-a-shit many years, if she is going to continue her self-aggrandizing campaign of racism, lies, dishonesty, and manipulation then she and the rest of them can go fuck themselves.

And on election day I'll sit in my room watching youtube clips of Obama's speeches.

Because fuck if I'll vote for the self-serving bitch who knocked that man down.

1 comment:

_J_ said...

Thank you for the feedback, Caleb. It is good to see that people read these things.