Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Transformers - The Movie - The Movie

So I know a lot of people really enjoyed the live-action Transformers movie, citing its "action" and its "robots" among its strong points, apparently forgetting about the interminable "stupid people talking" and "Transformers conspicuously fucking absent" scenes.

But that's all fairly well-worn territory (at least among us), so rather than continuing to harp on Bay's cloudy-as-shitty-toilet-water vision, I invite those of you who were disappointed by the movie to please enjoy, and those of you who loved the movie, to please suck it. (they both link to the same thing, but I like to pretend that I can use a link to cut two ways).

(Note that the page linked to will begin playing sound immediately upon loading, so please adjust your speakers)

9 comments:

Mike Lewis said...

for a movie that featured action and robots - it sure did those things poorly.

_J_ said...

I can't watch this while at work. Doing so would reflect poorly on my excellent work ethic.

Lady Enide said...

That is so much better than anything Bay dreamed of coming up with.

Roscoe said...

Damnnit!

I thought that was going to be a shot for shot retake of the One True Movie!

....

I need to go find my Stan Bush supply now.

_J_ said...

I keep my Stan Bush supply in the cabinet next to the Windex.

Roscoe said...

That's the thing... it was totally riffing off the classic shots, but the order of events is a little mixed up, and it misses SO much.

Like hurled impaling stalactites and the often forgotten Megatron Lazer sword.

But it also got rid of Hot Rod.. which.. you know.. good thing.

Lady Enide said...

Wasn't it a lazer ball-and-chain? Or am I thinking of something else.

Roscoe said...

.....


You might be right.. becuase.... Optimus had that wonky axe.. and they sprouted from their wrists.


hmn. But the sword IS in Movie.. and the Movie is a Thing of Beauty, and thus Canon.

I'm going to have to assume Megatron just likes himself some lazer melee. I mean, we know he likes to impale enemies with rocks.. and shoot them.. what's a couple more tricks up a sleeve?

_J_ said...

"Wasn't it a lazer ball-and-chain?"

I'd be happy for you to be my lazer ball-and-chain.

Rawr.